Sample Scotland Itinerary
Here is a representative sample of one of my golf tours to Scotland. Please keep in mind that all of my itineraries are custom made for every client, so give me a call and I'll be glad to put together the perfect trip for you and your traveling companions!
- 7 nights lodging as listed.
- 7 rounds of championship links golf as listed in itinerary.
- Full Scottish Breakfast daily.
- 3 course dinner in your hotel one evening.
- Lunches daily in the clubhouse restaurants while in St. Andrews.
- Transport from Edinburgh Airport to St. Andrews.
- Internal transport to courses while staying in St. Andrews.
- Private personal luxury coach days 6 – 9.
- Lunches daily in the clubhouse restaurants.
- Souvenir group photograph on the 1st tee of the Old Course.
- A generous range of official souvenir merchandise.
- Driving range privileges in St. Andrews.
- Club storage in your hotel.
- Airfare. I can arrange individually or for the group.
- Travel Insurance. (Recommended - I can arrange this for you)
- Carts or Caddies.
- Meals other than those listed.
Depart USA for Edinburgh Airport.
Golf: St. Andrews New Course
Arrive in Edinburgh where you will be met by a private coach, who will transport you to St. Andrews. You will have your choice of accomodations for this first leg of your journey: The Rusacks Hotel or Fairmont St. Andrews.
The afternoon will see you golfing at St. Andrews New Course. St. Andrews, reknown for being the "Home of Golf," boasts the oldest "new" course in the world. The 6,625 yard New Course was designed by Tom Morris in 1895 and is filled with rolling fairways and many classic challenges to test any golfer.
Golf: St. Andrews Old Course
The St. Andrews Old Course is the oldest, most iconic golf course in the world. Despite its fame and 600 years long history, the Old Course is also well known for remaining a public course, open to all comers.
Info from www.standrews.org.uk
Golf: Carnoustie Championship Course
Generally regarded as the toughest of the Open venues for those who understand the game a little more will know it is probably the fairest too. Without doubt though Carnoustie Championship Course does have the toughest closing stretch of holes anywhere and those finishing the final 4 holes with no more than a bogey should be suitably content with their play.
Info from www.carnoustiegolflinks.co.uk
Kyle Phillips designed this Top 100 Ranked golf course and by setting it in an amphitheatre along the coast, nearly every hole boasts spectacular views of the North Sea. Each Autumn Kingsbarns joins the Old Course, St Andrews and Carnoustie Golf Links as a co-host of the European Tour’s prestigious Alfred Dunhill Links Championship.
Info from www.kingsbarns.com
Golf: Turnberry Kintyre Course
Pick up at your hotel by your private coach & driver you will have for the remainder of your trip.
Travel toTurnberry Golf Hotel, your home for the next two nights.
In the afternoon, enjoy a round of golf on the Turnberry Kintyre Course. The par-72 Kintyre, called so after the long, narrow peninsula lying beyond the Isle of Arran in the Irish Sea, is another exhilarating championship course. Noted English architect Donald Steel has revised the old Arran course, originally constructed in 1909, into a 6,921-yard course that incorporates a set of turbulent swells in elevation.
Golf: Turnberry Ailsa Course
Named after the third Marquess of Ailsa, who owned the land on which it was built, this par-70, 7,211-yard championship course is one of golf's storied places. Home to four Open Championships, Ailsa has shaped some of the most remarkable moments in the tournament's history.
Info from www.turnberry.co.uk
Golf: Royal Troon
One of the great links courses in Scotland, the Royal Troon Old Course is a challenging test of golfing ability. With the wind to contend with, and deep rough interspersed with gorse and broom, accurate shot making is essential. Players should make their scores on the outward nine, as the prevailing north-westerly wind can make the back nine extremely difficult.
After golf, travel to Quality Hotel Edinburgh Airport for your last night.
Info from www.royaltroon.co.uk
Depart Edinburgh for USA.
Need more info?
If you are interested in this trip or your own custom itinerary, please contact me. I can assure you my price will be the lowest you can find anywhere!
- Price and availability are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- Caddies, equipment hire such as carts & clubs, golf accessories, gratuities, all meals and drinks, sight-seeing and any items of a personal nature are excluded unless otherwise stipulated.
- Any caddies & equipment hire requested are payable directly at the course on the day of golf. Caddies cannot be guaranteed, however, if requested in advance the courses will do their best to have them available on the day. Should caddies be requested and organized they must be taken.
- Prices are only valid for the number of people quoted for and any increase or decrease in numbers may affect the price.
- Prices may fluctuate due to currency differences.